Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just a sneak peek


This is just a rough beginning for something that will be on a page in the new book I am illustrating, "Angels at my Side." It will be a lovely little book for children. The artwork will be lighter than most of my work, with pastel shades and gentle images. It will be out this spring! It will be great for Mother's Day, we think, with a special poem for mothers and lovely springlike imagery and colors. I hope everyone enjoys it! I enjoy the chance to try some different colors and images, but I've always had a few angels in my paintings.

This was a large-ish painting based on an image I saw in an old, old book.


One of my earliest paintings was an angel holding a little dragon.

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can find for now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we should plan a trip to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and walk through the religious painting section. I don't visit that exhibit very often. There will be angels galore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes please! I haven't been to that section in awhile. I am always looking at the swords. :P

    ReplyDelete