Monday, November 30, 2009

Winter blues




Still have a few posts backed up that I need to make! I have been busy though and need to catch up a little...with the coming of winter I get really into blue colors. The painting on top is another in my series of surreal alien landscape paintings, mainly with ice/water themes. I always have figures without facial features in these, though I usually leave the gender ambiguous and I think this one is more clearly female.

Speaking of water, the painting below might look at first like waves or hills in a watery background. But it is actually meant to represent a reclining female form -- and the secret symbolism here is that this is how i feel when I'm trying to get out of bed in the morning...forever drawn back into the watery depths of sleep.

This brief post brought to you by my realization that it's Sunday night and I won't have time to make one for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. Every morning, I know how the supine woman underwater feels. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete