Saturday, September 19, 2009

More prints; matte are here!



I got my first few matte prints from iprintfromhome.com and I am quite happy with them. I am going to get some done of artwork to have them in stock, while I work on trying to recover my old files with my original art scans from 8+ years ago from an old computer. I have several glossy Halloween art prints, several glossy mushrooms, and four matte mushroom prints up now only for $5 or $6 on Etsy, unframed. They are all 5 x 7 inch prints. When I offer larger prints I will have them for higher prices, but this is sort of my introductory offer since I have been trying out different ways to make prints.

Anyway it's a start! I took more pictures today, but I'm hoping next year I will be able to have a better camera for low light macro photography, as I believe mushroom photography will be my one and only specialty when it comes to taking pictures. Maybe insects and flowers, depending on what kind of camera I wind up with. But that is really just something to do while I'm out on my walks -- painting is my main focus, and I have a lot of paintings I want to make prints from! I hope that people are interested in them since I know an original painting is not something people necessarily invest in on a whim.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I particularly like the red witch, who reminded me instantly of one of my favorite superheroines, the appropriately named Scarlet Witch.

    FYI, I'd snap up a bubble pipe-smoking cuttlefish print faster than you could say "céphalopode!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duly noted! I am assembling a list of images to upload for printing this week. I plan to do at least 10 so I will include him!

    I did that witch painting around 2001 I think and at the time I put everything up on eBay and sold them -- but that one, I saved for myself because I liked it too much to sell.

    ReplyDelete