Monday, September 7, 2009

Psychedelic Slug


I was going to try to tie this in with the season, but honestly, I just wanted to paint a slug on a mushroom. All summer I've been watching slugs feast happily on the many-colored mushrooms that are growing everywhere they can...it's been a great year for slugs! So to celebrate, here's just a cute little woodland scene. I love secondary colors -- green, purple and orange. I'll pretty much use any excuse to indulge them. Today, in walking through a wildflower preserve, I saw even more mushrooms and the slime trails of the friendly neighborhood slugs. I love critters!

This guy is on Etsy now, btw.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice. I love the color combination in this one! I really like the moon too.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this! I love how the slug conforms to the curve of the mushroom cap. I dig the Moon face too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I wish the picture on etsy didn't look weird and magnified. I wish one had more control over how things look on that site...sometimes I don't want things to be 1,500 pixels wide!

    ReplyDelete