Saturday, September 12, 2009

sketch


One of the projects I have going right now is illustrating a children's book.  Details on publication are still in the works but I've completed two paintings for it and am working on a painting for this image, this weekend.  I think there will be at least a dozen paintings in total for the book, maybe 15.  Initially we were looking at finishing it by the spring but we might complete it earlier now that things are moving along.  I should have this one finished this weekend.

It really feels like fall now.  There's a chill in the air, I heard Canadian geese tonight and I swear I can always catch a hint of distant smoke in the air.  Maybe the Pine Barrens are on fire again, I'm not sure!  It will warm up a bit again this week but I have to admit that I'm soon not going to be able to be out in the woods for two hours a day, every day, quite like I've gotten used to since May.  It is sad but being indoors can be fun too.  Last year I spent all fall knitting a Doctor Who scarf and watching Dark Shadows DVDs.  Right now I'm reading Ulysses.  Being inside, drinking tea and working on introverted things is very fulfilling, though I know I'll start to have dreams about the woods again before the end of the year.  I'll still be IN the woods, but I will have to go home by 5 p.m. and wear a hat. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment