Sunday, August 21, 2011

New art and old but new


I have been meaning for awhile to do some more paintings inspired by '60s science fiction book covers, science textbooks and the like - I love that retro look for "sciency" things that especially in science fiction is only based on the most loose and psychedelic misunderstanding of how "sciency" things work.

I don't know how many I will do but here is the first in the latest batch, it's called "Drifting through the cellular sea" and is available on Etsy.

I have also done a repaint of one of my most popular designs. First painted in 2001 or 2002, I'm not sure which, "Black Lantern Spell" is an image I have done several times, including one large painting that was about three by four feet in size. This time the painting is 9 x 12 inches, suitable for easy framing on flat canvas board.

I'm always willing to do repaints of images that are in my gallery at http://www.artbysarada.com in a variety of sizes at set prices, but here's one that is all done and ready to go. I hope that from my new repaints I may also be able to offer prints, since the original 2002 designs were done at a time that I did not have access to the resources to do so.

That's all for now - lots more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment