Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Halloween Artist Bazaar


I was recently invited to join the Halloween Artist Bazaar on Etsy, a new group devoted to all things Halloween. I love Etsy teams, and I am happy to be a part of several on there -- including the EtsyDarkTeam, TeamBPAL, and the VAST group (Visual Artists Street Team).

This new Halloween group was started by TwilightFaerie on Etsy, who has many vintage Halloween inspired items in her shop like this one:


Other members so far include:

Sauvage Raven Creations, which offers many altered art items, one-of-a-kind items with a gothic theme, including Halloween, Poe, and Dark Shadows:



And Evil Lily Originals, featuring many hand sewn items with skulls, bats and other trappings of the gothic Halloween aesthetic.:




Halloween art has been one of my main interests since I started painting -- the first paintings I did specifically to sell on eBay back around 2000 were all inspired by my love of vintage Halloween art, and before then I had been mostly painting fantasy and gothic imagery, and surreal or colorful abstract psychedelic paintings (from 1986 to 2000) in various forms. I have a pretty wide variety of art in my shop now, but there's still a high Halloween content -- and if you include anything gothic or ghost related in that, it's a whole lot more.

I know it's February, and we're just past Valentine's Day, but this is about the time of year that I started really actively selling Halloween art online about a dozen years ago, so it seems like a good time to start celebrating again this year! Here's one of my originals that I have tagged to be part of HAB:



And here is a print:



As this group grows you can just type "HAB" in a search field at Etsy to see a variety of works by the people in the group.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sarada's art! I bought 4 original paintings as well as a commissioned one from her. I'm a happy admirer and customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love hearing from customers and it has been a pleasure to get to you know! :)

    ReplyDelete