Saturday, February 28, 2015

A few things for spring, and a new website

All this week I've been working on bringing my little art web page up to date from 1999 to...well more like 2005. I'm not much for web design, to the point where I've been nostalgically content to leave things there the same way for over a decade. But as long as the tools are available that even someone like me can make something semi-pleasant to the eye and only 10 years out of date, as opposed to 15, I might as well utilize them.

So far I only have artwork up in Gallery 1, which is Halloween, gothic and horror art, with a couple dozen paintings represented, along with links to the items which are available for sale. I'll be adding more including many images that have been hiding in my vaults for ages. The custom page has information for new original art and repaints of previously painted images.

I know that personal web pages are about as relevant as landlines at this point in time, but it's still nice to have a little place to call your own, right?


Art by Sarada

Meanwhile, with spring around the corner (in some places more than others....I realize it doesn't feel like spring in many places) I have some Easter/Ostara and spring-friendly prints and paintings ready for the season, for decoration or gift-giving. First up is a new version of a painting from about a dozen years ago that I resurrected from the vaults...

 Ostara's Basket

"Ostara's Basket" available as an 8 x 10 original painting

Spring in the Witch's Garden

"Spring in the Witch's Garden" is now available as an 5 x 7 print

 Stardust and Dragon Dreams

"Stardust and Dragon Dreams" is available as a 5 x 7 print. Not spring specifically, but the pastel colors are very appropriate for the season!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/224356955/mermaid-art-photo-print-reproduction?ref=shop_home_active_4 

"Sleeping Among the Seaweed" is available as a 5 x 7 print. Mermaids put me in the mind of summer, but it's not too early to think about that, now, is it?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/224373308/gothic-ghost-crypt-sisters-5-x-7-photo?ref=shop_home_active_1

"Sisters of the Crypt is now available as a 5 x 7 print
and the original is available as well. Because it's always Halloweeen...

Even when it's St. Patrick's Day. Which has its own charming lore and traditions as well, which have absolutely nothing to do with drinking (despite what every store on earth would have you believe in their 'holiday' section this month...geez...). Click the link below for some haunted crafts for non-Halloween holidays....or follow the suggestion to find them on Etsy! Happy spring, whenever it comes!

http://shop.halloweenartistbazaar.com/category/holidays/


2 comments:

  1. Websites can be quite a bit of work as I know from running my own. But what a showcase for your art! Wonderful work and I look forward to seeing what you do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie! I love your work as well and your blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete