Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween rain

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I can't get over how COLD it has been lately. It is going to be in the low to mid 40s and raining for around five days in a row, and we're completely unprepared for it since this usually doesn't happen until November, here in New Jersey. October usually hangs around the 60s and the 50s for most of the month. I think?

In that spirit, here is a painting I did last year in the summertime, of dark clouds and thunderstorms, with the peering eyes of a dark haired young woman who wears skull barrettes with orange bows in her hair. I have her up on Etsy for the Halloween season. I thought it was a particularly appropriate sentiment for a rainy Halloween season though. It's raining out all of my autumn woods walking, and pumpkin patch picking and everything!

It does mean more time to spend indoors watching Dark Shadows though, and learning how to crochet amigurumi. I'm almost done my first piece which is a hippo, so if he's presentable I'll share him soon. Looks like they only take a day or so to do (well not a whole day, obviously...but this one took an episode of Fringe and couple of episodes of the BBC comedy Peep Shows to almost complete).

No comments:

Post a Comment