Friday, December 18, 2009

Artist feature: theenchantedgypsy



It's been awhile since I was able to put together a feature on one of my fellow artists who sell on Etsy, but I really really love the work of my friend Denise, aka theenchantedgypsy.  Her work ranges from altered art: little tins arranged as shrines to haunted, gothic figures, or coffins adorned with tributes to art, aesthetics, beauty, literature and decadence.  She also has many collages in holiday and decorative themes, and curio cabinet assemblages ranging from the whimsical to the dark.  You can see a few examples above, and look here for some more!

Alice in Wonderland curio cabinet

The Gargoyle's Apothecary

Edgar Allen Poe in a coffin

Altered witch tin

I love the way her work combines found objects with an aesthetic appeal, along such a diverse array of themes.  Please visit her blog at http://www.theenchantedgypsy.blogspot.com/ and her Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/theenchantedgypsy

Here is what she says about herself!

I am a mixed media artist who specializes in art using repurposed items. I feel good about recycling and helping Mama Earth while creating something cool at the same time. The majority of my art is in painting, collage art, assemblage art and spirit dolls. I have always had a proclivity toward the bohemian lifestyle and consider myself a gypsy and free spirit at heart. I love creating and must do something to satisfy my artistic muse every day. I am a wife, sister, daughter, aunt and dog mama and I love all things that are four-legged, winged and aquatic. I love to go barefoot...I only wear shoes when I have to.

Please support my kindred spirit, a creative and talented artist whose work I hope you will love as much as I do!

1 comment: