Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snowflake Witch repaint

I'm going through a long process of repainting a lot of my older paintings that are in my gallery, at http://www.artbysarada.com, this year into next year. Of course, I realize that with Christmas a week away it might have been a good idea to have this one up for sale a little earlier in the month but that's just the way things go sometimes!

I did a lot of these winter witches a few years ago and it's become something of a ritual for me right after Thanksgiving to get back into painting them. Of course, I think winter is lovely all year round, not just at Christmas/Yule/etc. time. She will be available as a print soon, but I have several other winter witch prints available now as well. Maybe people are finishing up their winter holiday shopping by now, but they will be available after the holidays as well!

Candy Cane Path - 5 x 7 print
Snow Cauldron - 5 x 7 print
Snow Cauldron - 8 x 10 print
Valentine Witch - 5 x 7 print

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely. I dig the blue carrot nose on the snowman.

    I keep having the same thing, I get inspired by the lovely winter snow or cold air but it's much to late to get anything sold in time for Christmas. Oh well, always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repainting? Do you mean touching up old paintings, or making copies of existing paintings? Just curious. For now, I'm just painting on totes (although I plan to do canvases soon), so I was wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Blablover5! I think people like winter things all year round, when they're in the right mood, so I try to hang in there! :)

    ToteTrove, by repaints I mean that I sometimes make new copies of older paintings -- often in different sizes or with slightly different colors, etc. I enjoy doing it, and people often want original paintings of things I've done before, slightly customized, so it works out!

    ReplyDelete