Saturday, September 11, 2010

Return of the scanner


While I don't have my usual scanner hooked up, I was able for the first time in over three months to scan and upload some stuff right to the in-ter-net like a real actual person in the 21st century! We can thank an unnamed cable company for the fact that I did not have internet for two months even though I was still paying for it, by the way.

As part of my obsession with 1960s psychedelic takes on horror, here is a painting that I did with that in mind. She becomes a bit of a lizard-woman in the shadows. She is on Etsy now and so is the painting that I did in my previous post ... she is over here.

Other than just hawking my wares though I will say that my inspiration recently has been not only my autumnal return to watching Dark Shadows, and an interest in book covers that I might or might not read...but here is some of what I HAVE been reading in the past month:

Algernon Blackwood - The Listener and other Stories
Algernon Blackwood - Incredible Adventures
J. Sheridan Le Fanu - The Haunted Baronet
Wilkie Collins - The Moonstone (reading this now)
H.G. Wells - The Island of Dr. Moreau
Edgar Rice Burroughs - At the Earth's Core
Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton - The Coming Race
H. Rider Haggard - The People of the Mist
Literary Mushrooms (a collection of gothic chapbooks from the 18th century)
The Collected Ghost Stories of EF Benson

those latter two I haven't finished yet since they are collections and rather long, I am working my way through them while i read these shorter works. I plan to concentrate on ghost stories for the fall of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment