Saturday, November 14, 2009

Alice in Squaresville


I really love square canvas --- why has rectangular always been the norm? The round canvases I've been seeing in stores lately are tempting as well but so intimidating -- instead of seeing things through a rectangular lens I have to start thinking about round, organic shapes.

This 8 x 8 square inspired me to revisit a favorite topic -- Alice and tea. And cake. And because my husband loves badgers, I threw one of those in too. And because badgers makes me think of mushrooms...there you go. How's that for a short blog post? Oh well, it's Saturday night!

Thank you to Kathryn Lantz for tagging me in the One Lovely Blog award -- I shall post my post about that in the very near future!

2 comments:

  1. I love square canvases and prints, too! The square format is just so appealing, somehow.

    Good to hear that you're a fellow fan of the original Star Trek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelley! And yep, I always like the 60s/70s versions in any series. :) I like my 1960s Dark Shadows and Star Trek, and my 1970s Dr. Who! :)

    ReplyDelete