Sunday, January 3, 2010

New year, new art



My inspiration for the beginning of 2010 is late 1960s/early 1970s psychedelic horror movies that I've been watching lately. Most of them are not nearly as psychedelic as the movie title, the opening credits, the amazing weird soundtrack noises or the promotional materials would have you believe, but they still create an interesting atmosphere.

Blue/green/red color palettes, ominous dark trees and towers, long hair, long dresses, knife-wielding women, and weird pointless squiggly loopy things and colorful blobs. That's where it's at. I just gave these the first titles that leapt into my mind. In this case, it's "Paisley Priestess" and "Mistress of the Purple Tower" for these...ahh but there are many other things I could have called them. Well here they are for your review. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment