Monday, January 4, 2010

Paisley Alchemist


Here is the second in my paisley sorcery series. Series? I didn't mean for it to be a series, but the paisleys keep coming out of things. In this piece, a potion wizard is preparing a concoction in a cosmic landscape, from which flow monochrome paisley forms into a green sky. Strange sigils glow amidst fire hued orbs. I don't know if I'll have more like this but it seemed like a good idea for the moment!

Oh I had something else I was going to write a post about too but I wrote about this instead. I'll get to the other one tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. That made me laugh. Imagine if paisley really did keep coming out of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Odette. Funny! But I know what you mean about going to work on a project and having a recurring theme come out. When I was a kid, my mom used to say I always drew "the man with the hooked nose." It was true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you OdetteO, I keep hoping paisley will come out of things!

    ToteTrove, I love that image! I love recurring themes though, whether they are intentional or unintentional.

    ReplyDelete