Friday, August 28, 2009

Mummies and UFOs


I've been enjoying mummies a lot lately. They don't get a lot of attention, in the grand scheme of horror type stuff, the way vampires and zombies do. I'm not saying that mummies need to have an HBO show or that a series of teen novels about sexy, sparkly mummies would necessarily be popular, but hey -- there's vampires, werewolves, zombies and mummies, when you get right down to the classics (and "Frankensteins" if we can call that a category, and maybe creatures that crawled out of lagoons), and let's have a little mummy love!

I think you can see what happened here. UFO crash, pyramid, etc. etc. equals glowing radioactive mummy brought back to life. You know how it is, these things happen! Anyway, I still see mummies making an appearance in Halloween stuff on the shelves so the dears haven't been entirely forgotten.

I listed this as 'geekery' on Etsy for a change, since I kind of like the idea for that category and they don't have a "just plain weird" option as far as i can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment