Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moon Owl


I don't usually do horizontal paintings these days but that was my preferred style, back in the day. I'd use 16 x 20 canvases and do a complex fantasy/D&D sort of scene that I'd never finish because it seemed like too much space to cover. I switched to 9 x 12 after scanners came along and that became my preferred size. Now, I still use those but I really like these little 6 x 8 canvases. I can do just one small, focused idea where I'm not spending a lot of time filling in foreground or background, and I can just take a small subject and do a lot of different variations on it. I don't know why but I really like 6 x 8.

Anyway, here's an owl! I've purchased a showcase spot on Sept. 1 in the Holidays section on Etsy, in hopes to getting my Halloween stuff out there at the start of the 'serious' Halloween season. I usually flake out!

I wanted to do something that was simple and not complete looney the way my tastes normally run. Just a nice owl!

2 comments:

  1. Sarada- what a nice owl! He looks inquisitive. I really like the simplicity of the orange and blues. I can't wait for fall!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! As much as I love doing crazy rainbow stuff I do like to just focus on one or two colors sometimes, especially if orange is one of the colors!

    Yay fall! :)

    ReplyDelete